ITHACA, N.Y. — The No. 19 Berry College volleyball team earned 3-0 wins over Wisconsin-La Crosse and Ohio Wesleyan this afternoon to secure the tournament sweep at the Ithaca Bombers Invitational.
The Vikings will now enter the highly anticipated Berry National Invitational next weekend with a spotless 3-0 record.
HOW IT HAPPENED (GAME 1):
- Berry's matchup with Wis.-La Crosse was slow going for both team's offensively. For the match, both teams hit under .100 K%
- The Vikings claimed set one 25-22 before a 25-18 set two win and a 25-22 final to close it out.
- Carson Van Campen hit .450 individually with a team-leading 11 kills.
HOW IT HAPPENED (GAME 2):
- The Vikings adjusted at the break and came out firing against Ohio Wesleyan, hitting .395 for the match.
- Emily Hancock threw down 14 kills for a .433 K% and six service aces to lead the team. Emily Rapach recorded 26 assists.
- The team ran away with set one 25-8 before 25-17 and 25-18 decisions in sets two and three.
Berry will host the Berry National Invitational on Sept. 6-7.