CONWAY, Ark. — Emily Hancock set a single-game record for kills in a three-set match on Saturday afternoon, leading the Berry College volleyball team to a 3-0 win over Hendrix College.
Berry improved to 10-2 overall and remained perfect in the Southern Athletic Association (SAA), improving to 6-0 in league play. The Vikings have now won seven matches in a row this season and have won 23-straight regular-season matches against SAA opponents.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Berry won a lengthy opening set 33-31. After leading 17-9, Hendrix went on a 7-0 run to pull within one. The remainder of the set would go back-and-forth until Emily Hancock recorded the final point of the set.
- The Vikings hit .325 in the second set, holding Hendrix to a .156 hitting percentage. BC took set two 25-20.
- The Warriors hit -.047 in the third set, which Berry claimed 25-15.
- Emily Hancock: 19 K, .333 K%, 10 D, 3 BLK
- Laura Beier: 21 D, SA
- Jordan Leitch: 16 AST, 5 D, 2 BLK
- Micayla Bedoian: 6 K, .462 K%, 4 D, 3 BLK
- Emily Hancock's 19 kills sets a program record for most kills in a three-set match.
- Berry will face Rhodes tomorrow in Memphis at 1:00 p.m.