By MacKenzie Tuttle, Digital Content Supervisor
ATLANTA – The Berry College volleyball team split against Randolph-Macon and Webster in their first day of play at the Emory Invitational on Friday. The Vikings fell to Randolph-Macon 3-0 in the first match of the day, but defeated Webster 3-0 in the nightcap to round out day one play.
In Berry's contest against Randolph-Macon, the Yellow Jackets led the game in kills (41-34), assists (38-34) and digs (70-63), while both teams finished with 14 blocks. The Vikings then led the Gorlocks in match two, finishing ahead in kills (51-28), assists (47-24) and digs (73-72).
Emily Hancock stepped up in the day's second match, recording 15 kills and hitting .310 with 14 digs. She also had a strong game against Randolph-Macon, earning 11 kills and 14 digs.
- Emily Hancock: 26 K, 28 D
- Hannah Billiard: 13 K, 3 D, 4 B
- Carson VanCampen: 15 K, 5 B
- Christina Goforth: 14 K, 4 B, 25 D
- Hannah Kate Thompson: 71 A, 2 K, 7 D
- Elizabeth Ragland: 52 D, 4 A
- Rebecca McGilvery: 11 K, 15 D, 2 A
- Miranda Hall: 11 K, 6 D
- Alexia Wolfe: 10 K
- Erin Quinn: 18 A, 11 D
- Samantha Sallade: 19 D, 4 A
- Rachel Mencel: 5 K, 3 B
- Hannah Rowold: 6 K, D
- Jenna Rodriquez: 9 A, 9 D
- Maria Soffner: 23 D, 2 K
- Berry is now 24-5 overall on the year.
- Randolph-Macon improves to 20-4, and Webster falls to 17-10.
- The Vikings will take on Emory University and Washington and Lee College, as they continue play in the Emory Invitational tomorrow beginning at 12:30 p.m.