Oct 22, 2017
By MacKenzie Tuttle, Digital Content Supervisor
MOUNT BERRY, Ga. — The Berry College volleyball team became the first program in Southern Athletic Association (SAA) history to finish the regular season with a perfect 14-0 conference record on Sunday afternoon, blanking both Sewanee and out-of-conference Agnes Scott.
On Berry's senior day, the Vikings dominated the Tigers 25-18, 25-16 and 25-9. Berry hit .330 as a team in the outing and had eight blocks. Hannah Billiard led the way with 10 kills and a pair of blocks.
The Vikings then defeated Agnes Scott 25-21, 25-16 and 25-9. Berry hit .360 with five blocks. Emily Hancock notched 10 kills and nine digs to secure the win.
On the day, Berry led their opponents in kills (84-44), digs (100-73) and assists (79-43).
- Emily Hancock: 18 K, 14 D
- Hannah Billiard: 19 K, 3 D, 2 SA
- Christina Goforth: 8 K, 19 D
- Hannah Kate Thompson: 65 A, 5 K, 7 D
- Elizabeth Ragland: 36 D, 2 SA
- Destiny Stewart: 7 K, 8 D
- Constance Connolly: 11 A, SA
- Peyton Parent: 16 D, 2 A
AGNES SCOTT STANDOUTS:
- Paige Heck: 7 K, D, 2 SA
- Bonnie Derks: 5 K, 10 D
- Anna Tomkins: 15 A
- With the win, Berry improves to 23-4 overall
- The Vikings are set to host the SAA tournament on Nov. 3-5 at the Cage Center
- Berry will take on both Randolph-Macon and Webster in their next contests on Friday, Oct. 27 as part of the Emory Invitational. The Vikings first set of the day against Randolph-Macon will begin at 12:00 p.m.