Oct 28, 2017
By MacKenzie Tuttle, Digital Content Supervisor
ATLANTA — Emily Hancock broke the single-match kills record on Saturday as the Berry College volleyball team split on day two of the Emory Invitational, falling to Emory University 3-0 and defeating Washington & Lee 3-1.
Set scores against the Eagles were 21-25, 19-25 and 29-31, while set scores against the Generals were 25-19, 27-29, 25-17 and 25-20. The Vikings fought hard especially in the third set against Emory, pushing the set to the highest total of the season. Emily Hancock totaled 10 kills in the contest and Berry had five blocks as a team.
Against Washington & Lee, the Berry offense hit .267 and also recorded five blocks. Hancock set a program record for kills in a four-set match with 24 and also hit .500 to push Berry to the four-set victory.
- Christina Goforth: 19 K, 40 D
- Emily Hancock: 34 K, 33 D
- Hannah Kate Thompson: 78 A, 16 D
- Elizabeth Ragland: 34 D, 5 A
- Sara Carr: 14 K, 8 D
- Morgan McKnight: 10 K, 4 D
- Mady Arles: 19 A, 2 D
- Elyse Thompson: 19 K, 4 SA
WASHINGTON & LEE STANDOUTS:
- Allison Webb: 10 K, 3 D
- Byrnne Gould: 14 K, 3 D
- Anna Soroka: 23 A, 5 D
- Elena West: 19 A
- Katie Volk: 21 D
- On the day, Berry moves to 25-6 overall.
- Elizabeth Ragland was named to the All-Tournament team
- The Vikings will take on Oglethorpe at the Cage Center to open the SAA Tournament on Friday, Nov. 3 at 1:00 p.m.