ROME, Ga. - The Berry College women's soccer team earned a 1-0 victory over Birmingham-Southern in the Southern Athletic Association (SAA) quarterfinals on Saturday afternoon, improving to a 9-4-3 overall record.
With the win, the Vikings advance to the SAA semifinals in Memphis, Tenn. to face Rhodes College.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Vikings dominated on both ends of the field in the opening half, firing 11 shots and holding BSC to none. BC also had six corner kicks in the first half.
- Samantha Schoppy broke the stalemate in the 32nd minute after a deflected shot.
- Berry carried the 1-0 advantage into halftime.
- The Vikings defense remained stout in the second period, surrendering just two shots which were both collected by Alyssa Stevens.
- Berry outshot BSC for the match 11-2.
- Samantha Schoppy: 1 G, 4 SOG, 5 SH
- Haley Stewart: 3 SH
- Olivia Nye: 3 SH
- Alyssa Stevens: 90:00 MIN, 2 SOG, 2 SV
- Berry will face Rhodes in the SAA semifinals.