CONWAY, Ark. — The No. 16 Berry College softball team earned a doubleheader sweep of the Hendrix College Warriors on Friday afternoon. The Vikings claimed game one 9-0 on a run-rule and took game two 8-7.
The wins push Berry's record to 15-3 overall and 4-0 in Southern Athletic Association (SAA) play.
- Makenzie Flynt went the complete 6.0 shutout innings, claiming her eighth win of the season
- Berry opened scoring with a pair of runs in the first.
- Samantha Crabtree and Brooke Whittemore then drove in two more in the second to give Berry a 4-0 advantage.
- Whittemore then singled to left center in the fourth to bring home Hunter Padgett.
- The Vikings scored one more in the fifth, then RBI doubles from Bayleigh Masteron and Meghan Hunt secured the 9-0 win in the sixth.
- Emily Schechter earned her first win of the season in relief, going 4.0 innings allowing just one run.
- Katlin Seger opened the scoring with a two-RBI single in the first.
- Hendrix then tied it in the home half of the inning.
- A Kayla Sangrey double and a Seger single in the third put Berry up 4-2.
- The Warriors took the lead scoring four in the home half of the third and one in the fourth.
- Berry plated three in the fifth off a Whittemore double and a Masterson home run.
- Whittemore drove home the go-ahead run in the sixth off a single to short.
Berry closes the series with Hendrix tomorrow at 1:00 p.m.