NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Competing against numerous NCAA Division I programs, the Berry College track & field teams opened their indoor season on Saturday at the 2018 Vanderbilt Opener with several Vikings posting notable marks. | FULL RESULTS
- Freshman Denae Rivera tossed in the women's weight throw for the first time in her career, posting a toss of 11.68m to rank No. 3 on Berry's indoor top-10 list. Junior Genesis Leggett placed top-10 in the event with a 16.12m throw.
- Freshman Jared Ogle and junior Jed Woodward each posted personal-bests in the men's weight throw.
- Freshman Alee Kinney posted a second-place finish in her heat of the women's 60m in her collegiate debut, placing her No. 2 on the Berry indoor top-10 list.
- Gracie Schumacher began her collegiate career with an indoor school record in the women's 300m run with a time of 46.41.
- Sophomore Tori Johnson placed top-10 in the women's 800m.
- Meredith Herman and Abby Carroll went 4-7 in the women's 3,000m run, building on a strong cross country season that sent them both to nationals.
- Ogle also placed No. 4 on the Berry indoor top-10 list in the men's shot put.
- Several Vikings will compete at the Hoover Dam Marathon in Boulder City, Nev., on Dec. 8.