By Rhett Butler, Sports Information Assistant
MOUNT BERRY, Ga. - The Berry College Track and Field teams had a strong showing at the Berry Field Day Invitational this weekend, with the men placing 1st and the women placing 5th overall.
The men held off runner-up Emory 127.5 to 121.5 points while the women were only separated from 3rd place by 5 points.
- Sophomore Will Knowlton placed 5th overall in the men’s 1,500m on Friday night, with an impressive win in his heat.
- Senior Ebenezer Agaro posted a 15:53.2 in a quick heat of the men’s 5,000m, placing 9th overall.
- Senior Danielle Patterson broke the 18 minute barrier in the 5,000m for the first time, posting a 17:56.63. Many of the Viking women in the 5,000m also had significant personal bests, including freshman Meredith Herman’s win in the second heat.
- Junior Alainna Chretien ran 4:49.38 in the women’s 1,500m, placing 3rd overall.
- Junior Rory Fleming placed 3rd in the men’s 110m Hurdles and 2nd in the 400m Hurdles.
- Senior Quincy Watford posted an 11.05 in the men’s 100m, placing 3rd overall.
- CJ Stone placed 6th overall in the men’s 200m, posting a 22.60.
- Freshman Bray Fulton dipped under the 2 minute barrier in the 800m, running 1:59.81.
- Seniors Quincy Watford and Chris Lilly placed 2nd and 4th in the men’s High Jump, respectively.
- Junior Gino Fabrizio won both the men’s Shot and Discus while also placing 3rd in the Hammer.
- Freshman MaryBeth Rowland ran 1:02.47 in the women’s 400m.
- Freshman Elizabeth LaSelva Placed 2nd in the women’s Pole Vault, while freshman Mitchell Brice took 3rd in the men’s vault.
- Genesis Leggett won the women’s Discus and the Hammer, and placed in the Shot. Rachel Bibbey took runner up in the Discus.
- Defending Conference Champion Alexa Bilsky won the women’s Javelin.
WHAT THEY SAID:
“I was really pleased with how we competed this weekend on both sides. It was a big win and confidence boost for our men, and it was great to run at home in front of our friends and family. This meet was a good jump start to conference in two weeks and a great day for our seniors. A big thank you goes out to all of the people on our campus that helped put on this meet and keep the facility beautiful!”
-Head Coach, Luke Syverson