By: Noah Syverson, Sports Information Assistant
HILTON HEAD, S.C. — The Berry College tennis teams finished up their week at the Hilton Head Tournament in Hilton Head, S.C. with a sweep of Millikin University on Friday, the men winning 7-2 and the women edging the Big Blue 5-4.
The men’s team finishes the tournament with a 3-2 record in the their five matches, improving to 4-3 on the season.
The women’s team ends their week with a 4-1 posting over the course of the tournament, improving to 4-2 on the season.
On the men’s side, the Vikings picked up victories from their No. 1 through No. 4 singles competitors, as well as from their No. 6 entry.
For the women, the No. 1 doubles team of Kathryn Barker and Sarah Murray and the No. 2 doubles team of Sara Myers and Sydney Stone picked up wins to help Berry edge Millikin, 9-7 and 8-1, respectively in doubles competition.
BERRY WOMEN’S STANDOUTS:
- Sara Myers: 6-0, 6-1 (No. 1 Singles)
- Kathryn Barker: 6-1, 6-1 (No. 2 Singles)
- Sydney Stone: 6-2, 6-2 (No. 4 Singles)
- Barker/Murray: 9-7 (No. 1 Doubles)
- Myers/Stone: 8-1 (No. 2 Doubles)
BERRY MEN’S STANDOUTS:
- Chase Gooding: 7-5, 4-6, 1 (8) (No. 1 Singles)
- Ryan Miner: 7-6, 6-1 (No. 2 Singles)
- Jordan Crance: 1-6, 6-4, 1 (3) (No. 3 Singles)
- Rory Glatt: 6-3, 6-4 (No. 4 Singles)
- Clay Jones: 6-0, 6-2 (No. 6 Singles)
- Gooding/Glatt: 8-4 (No.1 Doubles)
- Jones/Matt Johnson: 8-6 (No. 2 Doubles)
Both teams will return to action Saturday, March 24, when they travel to face Oglethorpe for their first SAA contests.