Posted: Oct 21, 2017
By MacKenzie Tuttle, Digital Content Supervisor
MOUNT BERRY, Ga. - Both the Berry College men's and women's swim and dive teams defeated Point University on Saturday. The women's team defeated the Skyhawks 172-27, and the men's team finished ahead 135-55.
On the day, freshman Maggie Hogsed also broke a two-year old record in the 100-Yard Freestyle, clocking in at 53.63. Freshman Michael Bemis also swam a 21.27 in the 50-Yard Freestyle, finishing just .04 seconds shy of the school record.
BERRY WOMEN'S STANDOUTS:
• Julie Brophy: 1000 Yard Freestyle (1st - 12:12.84)
• Hogsed: 200-Yard Freestyle (1st - 1:57.88), 100-Yard Freestyle (1st - 53.63)
• Haley Brown: 50-Yard Freestyle (1st - 24.90)
• Josie Hadaway: 200-Yard Individual Medley (1st - 2:13.87), 100-Yard Breaststroke (1st - 1:10.08)
• Chelsea Mazies: 1-Mtr Diving (130.50 points)
• Sarah Pierce: 100-Yard Butterfly (1st - 1:02.61)
• Sydney Ragsdale: 100-Yard Backstroke (1st - 1:02.21)
BERRY MEN'S STANDOUTS:
• Dylan White: 200-Yard Freestyle (1st - 1:47.66), 100-Yard Backstroke (1st - 55.25)
• Bemis: 50-Yard Freestyle (1st - 21.27), 100-Yard Freestyle (1st - 48.56)
• Mac Stovall: 200-Yard Individual Medley (1st - 2:05.54)
• Cole Beddingfield: 100-Yard Butterfly (1st - 53.23)
• Laramie Sellers: 100-Yard Breaststroke (1st - 1:04.00)
Berry will travel to Danville, Ky., to take on Centre College in their next meet on Saturday, Oct. 28.