ROME, Ga. — The Vikings scored a pair of first-half goals within 60-seconds to push the team to a 3-0 season-opening victory over the DePauw Tigers.
With the win, Berry opens the season 1-0-0 for the 10th consecutive season. DePauw dropped to 0-1-0.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Once the Vikings shook off the rust from the offseason, the team erupted for a pair of goals in the 27th and 28th minute.
- The first score came off the boot of Josh Pruett off a looping corner from Jake Williamson.
- Berry scored again just 38-seconds later off a ball from Zachary Ernst and an assist from Aidan Hackett.
- Hackett got on the board himself in the 89th minute, scoring off a pass from JP Phillips
- Berry's defense was solid, limiting DePauw to just three shots and two on goal.
- Aidan Hackett: 1 G, 1 AST
- Josh Pruett: 1 G
- Zachary Ernst: 1 G
Berry takes on Brevard tomorrow at noon.