ROME, Ga. — With just over 30 seconds remaining in the second overtime period, Berry College's Christian Roberts scored the game-winner off a pass from Henry Arato to seal the Vikings' 4-3 victory over Sewanee.
Many of the 450 fans in attendance stormed the field following the victory. The Vikings improved to 5-1 overall and 1-0 in SAA play.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Berry jumped out to a quick 1-0 lead in the 10th minute of play. Steven Moore found the back of the net off a pass from Daniel Ray.
- The Vikings scored again in the 35th minute courtesy of Jack Giles. He was set up by a Josh Pruett cross.
- Drew Zolper scored in the 37th minute for Sewanee, pushing the score to 2-1.
- Steven Moore then broke loose for his second goal of the night in the 48th minute. Berry led 3-1.
- Sewanee then scored in the 67th and 82nd minute to force overtime.
- In the 110th minute, Roberts scored the game-winner off a pass from Henry Arato.
- Berry will face Mississippi University for Women on Sunday at 1:00 p.m.