Posted: Oct 19, 2018
ROME, Ga. — The Berry College men's soccer team lost to Oglethorpe University on Friday night with a 2-0 final. The Vikings are now 9-3-2 on the year and wrap up conference play 3-2-2.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Oglethorpe was relentless in the offensive third out of the gate. The Stormy Petrels forced a corner kick in the 18th minute, and Gabriel Alvarez put it in the top right corner of the net to score. Berry trailed 1-0.
- The Vikings were only able to get off one shot in the opening half, trailing by one at halftime.
- Devon Patterson of Oglethorpe then scored a diving header off an assist from Christian Waegelin in the 56th minute to give the Stormy Petrels the 2-0 advantage.
- Berry played well in the second half, getting off five shots as opposed to just one in the opening period.
- Carson Oakes also had a strong game in goal, collecting seven saves.
- Berry will await their opponent in the SAA tournament beginning next weekend.