By: Ally Davis, Sports Information Assistant
ROME, Ga. — The Berry College men's soccer team defeated Marietta College 2-0 on Sunday afternoon off goals from Jack Giles and Jake Williamson. The Vikings are now 4-1 on the season.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Possession went back and forth throughout the first half until Jack Giles scored in the 35th minute off a pass from Steven Moore.
- Christian Roberts earned a penalty kick in the 43rd minute, but put it on the ground for a save from Dakota Penquite.
- Berry carried a 1-0 lead into the half
- No team was able to score again until Berry's Jake Williamson tallied in the 88th minute, once more off a pass from Moore.
- Both teams were even in shots during the game at 14 apiece. Berry finished with six shots on goal with only four from Marietta.
- The teams combined for 30 fouls and five yellow cards
- Jake Williamson: 4 SH, 2 SOG, 1 G
- Jack Giles: 2 SH, 1 SOG, 1 G
- Steven Moore: 2 SH, 2 AST
- Carson Oakes: 90:00 MIN, 4 SV
- Berry will continue their season at Randolph this Saturday at 1:00.