ROME, Ga. — The Berry College men's lacrosse team dominated from the start in a 24-8 thrashing of the Southwestern University (Tex.) Pirates on Tuesday afternoon. The victory pushed Berry's record to 3-5 on the year.
Josh Baker was 28-of-34 on faceoffs, setting a program record for faceoffs won in a single game. He also set the program record with 17 ground balls. Five Vikings, including Baker, recorded hat-tricks in the outing. Riley Brogdon earned the win in cage, recording 11 saves.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Berry jumped out to a 10-0 lead after the first quarter
- The Pirates scored back-to-back goals early into the second period, but the Vikings went on a 4-1 run the rest of the way to hold a 15-3 advantage at halftime
- The Vikings scored four more goals to open the second half and were ahead 20-5 heading to the fourth
- Berry held a 4-3 advantage in the final period to secure the win.
- Josh Baker: 3 G, 4 SH, 17 GB, 28-34 FO
- Andrew Elgin: 3 G, 1 AST, 4 SH
- Luke Koferl: 3 G, 9 SH, 6 SOG
- Matthew Tatum: 3 G, 1 AST, 4 SH, 4 SOG
- McKinley Gannon: 3 G, 1 AST, 7 SH, 5 SOG
Berry will travel to Centre on Saturday at 12:00 p.m.