ROME, Ga. — The Berry College men's lacrosse team defeated Hendrix College 15-6 in the Southern Athletic Association (SAA) quarterfinals on Saturday afternoon, advancing to the semifinals against Centre next Friday.
Chris Berchock led the team offensively, scoring a trio of goals. Justin Westbrook, McKinley Gannon and Andrew Elgin each added a pair. Riley Brogdon earned the win in cage, collecting six saves.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Hendrix struck first, but Berry scored four unanswered goals to take a 4-1 advantage in the second quarter.
- The Warriors tallied a man up score, before the Vikings went on another streak to hold a 6-2 lead at the break.
- Berry dominated the second half, outscoring the Warriors 9-4 to secure the victory.
- Chris Berchock: 3 G, 6 SOG
- Justin Westbrook: 2 G, 1 AST, 4 SH
- McKinley Gannon: 2 G, 9 SH
- Andrew Elgin: 2 G, 8 SH
Berry travels to face Centre in the semifinals on Friday.