CLEARWATER, Fla. — The Berry College men's lacrosse team dropped a Spring Break matchup at the Joe DiMaggio Sports Complex on Wednesday afternoon to Catholic University 15-13.
With the loss, Berry falls to 1-5 with four losses coming by two goals or fewer. Catholic improved to 4-4.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Both teams traded blows in the opening period, but a pair of Cardinals goals in the final three minutes of the first quarter gave Berry a 5-4 deficit.
- The teams each scored a pair of goals in the second, but Berry trailed 7-6 at the break.
- Catholic held a 5-4 edge in the third and took a two goal lead into the final period.
- Berry scored early off a goal from McKinley Gannon to draw to within one, but Catholic went on a 3-0 run to take the lead 15-11.
- The Vikings scored two more late, but were unable to overcome the deficit.
- Chris Berchock: 4 G, 9 SH, 5 SOG
- Justin Westbrook: 3 G, 1 A, 9 SH, 4 SOG
- McKinley Gannon: 3 G, 1 A, 7 SH, 4 SOG
- Riley Brogdon: 60:00 MIN, 15 GA, 17 SH, 32 SH
The Vikings will host Marymount (Va.) in their home opener on Saturday at 1:00 p.m.