By MacKenzie Tuttle, Digital Content Supervisor
SAVANNAH, Ga. - Chris Berchock and McKinley Gannon combined for nine goals to lead the Berry College men’s lacrosse team over Virginia Wesleyan 17-9 on Saturday morning.
Six Vikings scored at least one goal in the contest, with Berry leading 11-1 by the end of the first half. Each team finished the final 30 minutes of play with six goals, but the early lead was enough to ensure the Vikings’ 17-9 victory.
Berry finished with a season-high 56 shots, while Virginia Wesleyan finished with 34. The Marlins also led the contest in ground balls (23-21), while the Vikings led the game in faceoffs (17-9).
Riley Brogdon earned the win in goal for Berry, allowing only three goals while collecting five saves in his 30 minutes of work. With the win, the Vikings improve to 2-2 on the year.
- Chris Berchock: 5 G, 9 SH, 7 SOG, GB
- McKinley Gannon: 4 G, 2 A, 11 SH, 7 SOG
- Hudson Harris: 3 G, 2 A, 5 SH, 4 SOG, GB
- Luke Koferl: 2 G, 4 SH, 3 SOG
- Justin Westbrook: G, 10 SH, 3 SOG
VIRGINIA WESLEYAN STANDOUTS:
- Cole Maguire: 2 G, 4 SH, 2 SOG, GB
- Matt Baldwin: 2 G, 2 A, 4 SH, 2 SOG, 2 GB
- Joey Rayman: 2 G, 6 SH, 5 SOG, GB
- Dante Castillo: G, SH, SOG, GB
- Joe Couture: G, A, 4 SH, SOG, GB
- Nick Zepko: G, A, 6 SH, 3 SOG, GB
Berry will take on Pfeiffer in their next game tomorrow at 2:00 p.m. in Savannah, Ga.