By MacKenzie Tuttle, Digital Content Supervisor
ROME, Ga. – Luke Koferl scored four times and passed two assists, as the Berry College men’s lacrosse team defeated Piedmont 19-8 on Tuesday night to earn their fourth consecutive win.
Five other Vikings added two tallies in the win, but Berry led just 8-7 at halftime. Eleven second-half goals by the Vikings and just one from the Lions in the final 30 minutes of play ensured the 19-8 victory.
Berry led the game in nearly every offensive category, including ground balls (41-17), shots (51-18) and faceoffs (19-11). Piedmont finished ahead in clears (13-11), but the Vikings forced 17 Lion turnovers to their 12.
Riley Brogdon (4-2) earned the win in goal for Berry, collecting five saves in his 38:10 minutes of work, while allowing just two goals. Zach Czulada (8-7) took the loss in goal for Piedmont, allowing 15 goals in his 48:09 of work, while collecting 13 saves on the night.
With the win, the Vikings improved to 10-3 overall on the season, while the Lions fell to 8-7 on the year.
- Luke Koferl: 4 G, 2 A, 6 SH, 4 SOG, GB
- Justin Westbrook: 2 G, 4 A, 5 SH, 3 SOG, GB
- Bailey Martin: 2 G, A, 4 SH, 3 SOG, GB
- Paolo Falzi: 2 G, 6 SH, 5 SOG, GB
- McKinely Gannon: 2 G, 6 SH, 3 SOG, 5 GB, CT
- Chris Berchock: 2 G, 6 SH, 5 SOG, 2 GB
- Koda-Wataka Robinson: 2 G, 3 SH, 3 SOG
- Jeremony Kohn: 3 G, 5 SH, 4 SOG, GB
- Brady Jenks: 2 G, 4 SH, 2 SOG
- Josh Cobbina: 2 G, A, 4 SH, 4 SOG
Berry will host Birmingham-Southern College in their Senior Day contest on Saturday, April 7 at 6:00 p.m.