By: Bryce Koon, Sports Information Assistant
ATLANTA — The Berry College men's basketball team wrapped up the regular season with a 65-59 victory over Oglethorpe University on Saturday night, improving Berry's record to 18-6 and 11-3 in Southern Athletic Association (SAA) play.
Berry will be the No. 2 seed in the upcoming SAA Tournament beginning on Friday in Danville, Ky. Berry will face Millsaps on Friday.
The Vikings were led by senior forward Elijah Hirsh. Hirsh had yet another double-double with 12 points and 16 rebounds. The senior also chipped in with three assists and three blocks as well. Myles Moore and Ethan Haslam also had efficient games with 13 and 14 points apiece. Caleb Haynes also contributed with 10 points and eight rebounds.
The Vikings trailed early as the Petrels stormed out to a quick 11-5 lead. Berry was able to bounce back and regain the lead by halftime, going into the break with a 31-29 advantage.
After the half, both teams traded blows until the Vikings were finally able to pull away with the victory.
- Ethan Haslam: 14 PTS, 5-for-10 FG, 4-for-6 3PT
- Myles Moore: 13 PTS, 7 AST
- Elijah Hirsh: 12 PTS, 16 REB, 3 AST, 3 BLK
- Caleb Haynes: 10 PTS, 8 REB, BLK
- Berry's 11-3 record in SAA play is the team's best since joining NCAA Division III.
- The team's 18 wins are the most since the 2008-09 season when the Vikings finished 19-12.
Berry will face Millsaps on Friday to open the SAA tournament in Danville, Ky.