By: Leigh Hadaway, Sports Information Assistant
MOUNT BERRY, Ga. — With his first point of the afternoon, Caleb Johnson became the all-time leading scorer in Berry's NCAA Division III era as the Vikings fell to Southern Athletic Association (SAA) rival Sewanee 72-66.
Johnson now has 1,093 career points, scoring seven this afternoon. Elijah Hirsh picked up yet another double-double, leading the Vikings with 23 points on 9-for-16 shooting. He collected 10 rebounds.
The back-and-forth game led to 8 ties and 11 lead changes. Quinn Atkinson also hit double-digits, scoring 12 points for the Vikings. On the afternoon, Berry shot 44.1% (26-for-59) compared to the Tiger’s 50% (29-58). The Vikings won the contest defensively, with 39-33 rebounds and 15-12 turnovers.
- Elijah Hirsh: 23 PTS, 9-for-15 FG, 1-for-2 3PT, 10 REB
- Quinn Atkinson: 12 PTS, 6-for-10 FG, 2 REB, 5 BLK
- Myles Moore: 8PTS, 2-for-7 FG, 2-for-2 FT, 4 REB
- Caleb Johnson: 7 PTS, 2-for-9 FG, 2 REB
- Adrian Thomas: 30 PTS, 13-for-20 FG, 10 REB
- Luke Smith: 14 PTS, 5-for-13 FG, 3-for-7 3 PT, 2 REB
- Cam Caldwell: 13 PTS, 5-for-8 FG, 1-for-2 3PT, 2-for-2 FT, 5 REB
- The loss drops the Vikings to a 5-11 overall record, 0-5 in conference play.
- Sewanee improves to 8-7 and 4-1.
- The Vikings will travel to Birmingham-Southern on Friday, January 19th for a 9:00 p.m. tip-off.