Posted: Feb 11, 2018
By: MacKenzie Tuttle, Digital Content Supervisor
SEWANEE, Tenn. - Caleb Johnson finished with a double-double in the contest, but the Berry College men’s basketball team fell to Sewanee on the road on Sunday, 78-54.
Johnson’s 16 points and 11 rebounds led the Vikings both offensively and defensively in the outing. Elijah Hirsh also added 15 points in the contest, as Berry shot 30.9-percent (17-for-55) on the day. With the loss, the Vikings move to 7-17 overall on the year, as well as 2-11 in the Southern Athletic Association (SAA). The Tigers improve to 14-9 and 10-3, shooting 46.9-percent (30-for-64) as a team.
- Caleb Johnson: 16 PTS, 4-for-7 FG, 8-for-16 FT, 11 REB
- Elijah Hirsh: 15 PTS, 4-for-10 FG, 7-for-7 FT, 5 REB, 4 BLK
- McCarty Forte: 9 PTS, 4-for-11 FG, 3PT, STL
- Luke Smith: 20 PTS, 7-for-15 FG, 2-for-7 3PT, 4-for-4 FT, 5 REB, 5 AST
- Cam Caldwell: 10 PTS, 4-for-10 FG, 3PT, 8 REB, 3 STL
- Hunter Buescher: 10 PTS, 4-for-9 FG, 3PT, 4 REB, 4 AST
The Vikings will host Oglethorpe University on Saturday, Feb. 17 in a Senior Day matchup starting at 8:00 p.m.