ROME, Ga. - With a 26-10 victory over Birmingham-Southern this afternoon, the No. 10 Berry College football team secured their third straight Southern Athletic Association (SAA) Championship and second straight trip to the NCAA Playoffs.
The Vikings improved to 9-0 overall on the year and 7-0 in SAA play. The win pushed Berry's winning streak to 24-straight regular-season games and 16-straight victories at Valhalla Stadium.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- In a defensive opening quarter, Berry was only able to score a 32-yard field goal courtesy of Trey Gregoy on their opening possession.
- BSC had a chance at a field goal on the next possession, but Berry blocked the kick and returned it into BSC territory. The Vikings led 3-0 after the first.
- Berry rattled off 17 points in the second quarter, starting with a 22-yard field goal from Gregory.
- CJ Stone and Cade Kennemore then found the end zone before the half to give Berry a 20-0 halftime lead.
- The teams traded field goals in the third, but another Gregory field goal in the fourth pushed the lead to 26-3.
- BSC would score a touchdown before the end of regulation, but the Vikings secured the 26-10 victory.
- CJ Stone: 19 att, 124 yds, TD
- Michael Luckie: 4 rec, 101 yds
- Trey Gregory: 4-for-4 FG, 2-for-2 XP
- A.M. Harris: 5 tkl, BRUP
- Bryson Lamboy: 5 tkl, 0.5 sacks, 1 TFL
- With the win, Berry will once again compete in the NCAA playoffs beginning on Nov. 17.
- Berry wraps up the regular season on Nov. 10 at Trinity University.