CONWAY, Ark. — The No. 12 Berry College football team improved to 7-0 on the year after a sloppy 35-14 victory over Hendrix College on Saturday night. The win pushed Berry's winning streak to 22-straight regular-season games.
The Vikings are now 5-0 in the Southern Athletic Association (SAA) and remain the only undefeated team in the league. Each team in the SAA, outside Centre, has at least two losses in SAA play.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- In poor weather, the game saw nine combined turnovers. Berry was able to force six fumbles and an interception.
- Berry scored twice in the opening period off touchdown runs from Isaiah Dawson and Joey Connors. The Vikings led 14-0 after the first quarter.
- A 15-yard TJ Ciresi touchdown catch and a fumble return for a score put Berry up 28-0 in the second.
- Hendrix was able to score before the half off a 100-yard interception return. The Vikings still held a 28-7 advantage at halftime.
- Neither team scored in the third, but Mason Kinsey found the end zone on a 36-yard touchdown run late in the fourth quarter to push the score to 35-7.
- Hendrix scored with 24 seconds remaining, making the final 35-14.
- Joey Connors: 15 att, 93 yds, TD
- CJ Stone: 18 att, 83 yds
- Isaiah Dawson: 7 att, 63 yds, TD
- Bryson Lamboy: 8 tackles, 1 sack
- Berry returns home to face Millsaps on Oct. 20th at 2:00 p.m.