ROME, Ga. — The No. 17 Berry College football team set a numerous program records in a 61-0 victory over Austin College on Saturday afternoon, including most points scored in a game.
Berry now sits at 3-0 in the Southern Athletic Association (SAA), and is 5-0 overall. This was also just the second shutout in program history and the first since Sept. 19, 2015.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Vikings scored three touchdowns in the first quarter. Mason Kinsey caught two identical touchdown passes on back-to-back drives to open the game 13-0. Michael Luckie then caught a 19-yard touchdown pass from Tate Adcock, pushing the score to 20-0 at the end of the first quarter.
- Kinsey caught his third touchdown pass of the game just inside the second quarter off a 24-yard pass from Heath Burchfield. CJ Stone and Marcus Spears would also score before halftime, pushing the score to 41-0.
- TJ Ciresi hauled in a 5-yard score from Burchfield in the third quarter, before a 1-yard touchdown rush from Joe Wallace made the score 55-0.
- A pair of fourth-quarter field goals from Trey Gregory and Sage Costen ended the Berry onslaught at 61-0.
- Tate Adcock: 16-20, 173 yds, 4 TDs
- Mason Kinsey: 5 rec, 56 yds, 3 TDs
- Braden Jarvis: 9 att, 58 yds
- CJ Stone: 6 att, 42 yds, TD
- Alex Kirkendoll: 3 tkl, 0.5 sack, 1.5 tfl
- Berry set program records today with points scored (61), touchdowns scored (8) and touchdown passes thrown (6).
- Tate Adcock has now thrown 15 touchdown passes on the year, ranking second most all-time in Berry history for a single season.
- The Vikings will host Sewanee on Berry’s Mountain Day next Saturday, Oct. 6 at 6:00 p.m.