ROME, Ga. — Berry’s Reeve Holley hit an RBI single through the right side to give the Vikings baseball team a 7-6 walk off victory in extra innings over the Marietta Pioneers on Saturday afternoon. The win improved Berry’s record to 13-6.
J.T. Eggert earned the start, tossing 4.2 innings with five strikeouts. William Gibbons earned the win in relief, throwing 3.0 innings of no-hit baseball.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Berry jumped out to a 1-0 lead in the second inning off an RBI single from Weston Bray.
- Marietta went on to plate one in the fourth and four in the fifth to go ahead 5-1.
- The Vikings got one two back in the home half of the fifth inning after Dalton Smith scored on a balk and Reeve Holley hit an RBI groundout to first.
- Marietta tacked on another in the sixth off an RBI double down the left field line.
- Zack Walch then hit a two-RBI single up the middle in the home half of the sixth to cut the deficit to 6-5.
- Spence Johns then drove home the equalizer in the ninth inning with an RBI single.
- Holley then walked the game off in the bottom of the 10th with a hit through the right side.
- Zack Walch: 4-for-5, 2 RBIs, 2 R
- Spence Johns: 2-for-5, RBI
- Quinn Smith: 2-for-4, 2 R
- Weston Bray: 2-for-5, RBI
- Dalton Smith: 2-for-4, 2 R
- William Gibbons: W (2-1), 3.0 IP, 0 H, 3 K
Berry hosts SUNY Cortland tomorrow at 3:00 p.m.