By: Joshua Mabry, Sports Information Assistant
ROME, Ga. – The Berry College baseball team fell 5-3 to Emory University at home on Tuesday night, falling to 7-3 overall on the season and snapping a six-game winning streak.
Dylan Beasley earned the start, pitching five strong innings giving up only one hit and one run while striking out five. Spence Johns took the loss in relief, throwing 1.2 innings.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Berry struck first in the bottom of the 1st inning. Quinn Smith reached first on an error scoring Zack Walch.
- Emory answered back quickly with a run in the bottom in the top of the 2nd inning tying the game. Jackson Grayson scored on a pair of Vikings errors.
- The Vikings scored twice in the bottom of 7th taking a 3-1 lead. Dylan Beasley reached first on an error scoring Dalton Smith and Devin Post.
- Emory regained the lead in the top of the eighth scoring four runs. Eric Terry singled down the right field line scoring Jack Rubenstein to get the first run. Eric Terry and NJ Kim both scored after Jackson Grayson singled to right field to score two more. Jacob Singer scored the final run of the inning after Michael Edelman doubled to right center.
- Zack Walch: 2-for-3, R
- Spence Johns: 2-for-4
- Devin Post: 2-for-4, R
- Dylan Beasley: 5.0 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 5 K
Berry will be on the road at Hendrix this weekend for a three-game series to open Southern Athletic Association (SAA) play. Berry will play a doubleheader on Saturday beginning at 2:30 p.m. Sunday's game will begin at 1:00 p.m.