By: Bryce Koon, Sports Information Assistant
ROME, Ga. — The Berry College baseball team secured its first series sweep of the season, claiming both games in a doubleheader this afternoon 4-2 and 10-2.
The Vikings now sit at 6-2 on the year, having won five straight games.
- Garrett West earned the start in the opening game.
- The Blazers struck first in the top of the second inning on a error that allowed for Belhaven to grab a 2-0 lead.
- The Vikings answered in the bottom of the second, tying the game courtesy of a Zach Huie two-RBI triple, scoring Devin Post and Quinn Smith.
- Berry took the lead in the bottom of the third off an error by the Belhaven shortstop allowed Zach Walch to score. Berry led 3-2.
- Berry added another run in the fifth inning off a wild pitch to lead 4-2.
- Dalton Smith earned the win in relief, tossing 1.1 innings of no-hit ball. William Gibbons earned his second save of the year, throwing 1.1 innings.
- JT Eggert earned the start and the win in game two, tossing 4.1 innings allowing just two hits and a pair of runs.
- The Vikings got off to a quick start in the first inning after a Dylan Beasley RBI single
- Berry added two more runs on back-to-back bases loaded walks to take a 3-0 lead in the bottom of the fourth.
- The Blazers cut into Berry's lead in the fifth, plating two.
- The Viking's would add a run in the fifth as Smith and Derrick Newman scored on an error to make it 5-2.
- Berry broke the game open in the bottom of the sixth as the Vikings plated five runs.
Berry will travel to Lagrange on Tuesday at 5:00 p.m.