CONWAY, Ark. — The Berry College baseball team dropped a doubleheader at Hendrix College on Saturday afternoon, falling to 0-2 in Southern Athletic Association (SAA) play. Berry is now 7-5 overall. Hendrix improved to 10-2 overall.
- Ben Coker earned the start, going 5.0 innings, allowing just one earned run.
- The Warriors jumped out to a quick 2-0 lead in the second inning.
- Berry took the lead in the third off the bats of Spence Johns and Quinn Smith. BC led 3-2.
- Hendrix plated a pair to regain the lead in the sixth.
- The Vikings took the lead 6-4 in the top of the eighth, but the Warriors plated five in the home half of the inning to secure the win.
- Garrett West started game two. He tossed 3.0 innings.
- Berry found themselves in a hole early, trailing 5-0 after the first inning.
- Hendrix plated another in the fourth to hold a 6-0 advantage.
- Berry was able to score a pair in the seventh, but fell 6-2.
Berry will close the series with the Warriors tomorrow at 1:00 p.m.