The Athletic Training Staff of Berry College would like to welcome you. We are providing the following information in order to better serve you and your teams.
If an athletic trainer will not be coming with your team, please observe the following requests. For a visiting athlete to receive care from Berry College, that athlete’s athletic trainer or team physician must communicate with the sports medicine staff at Berry College prior to the contest. If your school will not be sending a certified athletic trainer with the team, please notify Ginger Swann (Head Athletic Trainer). For taping, supplies must be sent with the athletes by the athletic trainer.
Some provisions for your use include:
- Athletic training room access to be open at least 1 hour before each contest
- If you need access to an ATC at a time other than before the event, please call the Athletic Training Department before arriving in town.
- Modalities (ultrasound, electrical muscular stimulation, moist heat, whirl-pool)
- Biohazard container
- Medical services available on call as needed
- Cups and water on bench
- Emergency medical supplies if needed (crutches, splints, wraps & etc)
For emergency situations Redmond Regional Hospital is located no more than three miles from Berry’s main gate.
Ginger Swann M. Ed, ATC
Head Athletic Trainer
Office: 706. 368.6330
Cell: 706. 766. 6566
Fax: 706. 236.5497
Office: 706. 236. 1721
Fax: 706. 236. 5497
Our athletic training room is located on the second floor of the Steven J. Cage Athletics & Recreation center. Report to the check-in desk for directions to the training room.