WHO WE ARE
The volleyball program at Berry College attracts student-athletes who are serious about their academics, service, and have the maturity to handle the high expectations of our program. The foundation of our volleyball program operates under four program disciplines: serve others before self, outwork and out-compete our opponents, be students of the game, and uphold our core values [Team First, Loyalty, Discipline, Relentlessness, and Classy] on and off the court.
ON THE COURT
In addition, we are looking for players who have a high level of technical, tactical, and athletic ability. We often attract players who choose Berry over a mid-major DI school because of the environment, culture, and intentionally positive team chemistry found in our program.
We are finished recruiting players for the 2017 and 2018 classes. We are currently working hard to identify players in the 2019 and 2020 classes who would be a great fit both on and off the court. Although this is subject to change, we are looking for the following positions:
2019: Middle Hitter, Pin Hitter (3)
2020: Setter, Pin Hitter, Middle Hitter
THE RECRUITING PROCESS
The team is formed through the recruiting process as opposed to open tryouts when school starts. Therefore, it is important for interested high school student-athletes to understand both the process and the timing. The following are some steps you can take to help in the recruiting process:
1. Contact Us: Fill out our online recruiting form so we will have your information. Then follow up with a personal e-mail to our coaching staff.
2. Come to Camp: Our Elite College Prep Camp in July is a great way for you to learn more about Berry and our volleyball program and allow us to see you compete in our system and style of play. Registration for our summer camp opens in January 2017. Check us out at: www.berryvbcamps.com
3. Send us Highlights: Although we don't typically offer spots based on video alone, it can sometimes be a good starting place for the recruiting process.
4. Send us your Club Schedule: If you will be attending one of the tournaments in the right hand box, make sure you let us know!
5. Visit Campus: Get a campus tour, meet with Admissions, and spend time with the coaching staff and current players. You can learn more about our Admissions process by visiting Berry’s admissions department webpage: berry.edu/admission
6. Come to a Game: It is of great benefit for you to see us play and get a first hand look at the level of play, the team's style, and the atmosphere surrounding a game.
We spend the fall, spring, and summer of a player's sophomore and junior years identifying and evaluating players who we think would be an excellent fit for Berry--socially, academically, and athletically. By August, the identification phase of our recruiting process is complete and we begin to offer roster spots. We have finished our recruiting for the following year as early as September and as late as January, but for the most part it has been sometime around November 1st.
"WE ARE BERRY VOLLEYBALL"