ROME, Ga. — The No. 20 Berry College volleyball team kept their home winning streak alive on Tuesday night with a 3-1 victory over the No.12-ranked Emory University Eagles. The win pushes the Vikings' winning streak in the Cage to 23-straight matches.
The Vikings sit at 15-2 on the year after the win. Emory fell to 13-5.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Eagles jumped out to a 9-4 lead in the opening set. Berry then went on a 6-1 run to even it up at 10. The set remained tight until Emory gained a separation late and took set one 25-19.
- Berry dominated set two, leading by as much as 11 and hitting .267 as a team. The Eagles hit just .073 as BC evened the match with a 25-14 win.
- The Vikings claimed the third set 27-25. Christina Goforth secured the final point, helping hold Emory to a .119 hitting percentage.
- Emory had no answer for Berry in the fourth. The Vikings cruised to a .385 hitting percentage to secure the win.
- Emily Hancock: 15 K, .179 K%, 16 D, 2 BLK
- Christina Goforth: 12 K, .195 K%, 8 D,
- Carson VanCampen: 10 K, .310 K%, 2 BLK
- Jordan Leitch: 2 K, 40 AST, 15 D, 4 BLK
- Laura Beier: 23 D, 3 SA
- The Vikings host Hendrix in an SAA-matchup on Friday at 6:00 p.m.