By: Genesis Leggett, Digital Content Supervisor
MEMPHIS, Tenn. — The No. 23 Berry College volleyball team continues their hot streak, winning their eighth-straight contest with a 3-1 win at Rhodes College on Sunday.
The Vikings have now improved to 11-2 overall and 7-0 in the Southern Athletic Association (SAA). Berry has won 24-straight regular-season matches against SAA opponents.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Rhodes started off the opening set strong claiming it 25-19 and hitting .244 as a team.
- Berry responded by seizing the next three sets, scoring 25-22, 25-11, and 25-16 respectively, securing the win.
- The Vikings hit .351 and .393 in the second and third sets.
- Overall, Berry dominated the net with 15 blocks, second-most in program history for a four set match.
- The Vikings also totaled 69 digs and 9 service aces.
- Emily Hancock: 19 K, .348 K%, 16 D, 3 BLK
- Carson VanCampen: 11 K, .250 K%, 9 BLK
- Sarah Sprague: 8 K, .333 K%, 4 D, 1 BLK
- Jordan Leitch: 35 AST, 6 D
- Laura Beier: 25 D, 1 SA
- Carson VanCampen's nine blocks ranks second-most in program history for a four set match to go along with Berry's 15 total blocks
- Emily Hancock is currently head-and-shoulders above the rest of the league, leading the SAA with 3.94 kills per set and 193 total kills.
- VanCampen leads the SAA with 1.40 blocks per set.
- The Vikings will travel to Atlanta to face Oglethorpe University on Wednesday, Oct. 3 at 6:00 p.m.