By MacKenzie Tuttle, Digital Content Supervisor
MOUNT BERRY, Ga. – The Vikings won their fifth straight set, as the Berry College volleyball team defeated Rhodes College, 3-0, on Sunday.
Set scores were 25-16, 25-23 and 25-19 as Berry bested the Lynx to remain undefeated in the Southern Athletic Association. The Vikings led the matchup in kills (40-22), assists (38-36) and digs (49-48). Berry also added six blocks to Rhodes’ two, hitting .279 as a team in the outing.
- Emily Hancock: 11 K, 11 D
- Jordan Leitch: 20 A, K
- Micayla Bedoian: 9 K, 4 B
- Elizabeth Ragland: 16 D, SA
- Elasha Williams; 12 K, .290 K%, 11 D
- August Bishop: 11 K, 2 SA, 2 D
- Hannah McCarty: 16 A, 6 D
- Mary Frances Daniel: 12 D, 2 A
- With the win, Berry improves to 10-3 overall and 5-0 in the SAA.
- Rhodes falls to 8-5 and 3-2 on the year.
- The Vikings rank in the top five in the SAA in nine separate categories on the season, including Hannah Billiard’s conference-best 1.58 blocks per set which is also leading NCAA Divison III.
- Berry will travel to Oglethorpe University for their next SAA contest against the Stormy Petrels on Wednesday, Sept. 27. Set one will begin at 6:00 p.m. in Atlanta, Ga.