MOUNT BERRY, Ga. — Emily Hancock finished with a season-high 19 kills, as the Berry College volleyball team defeated Birmingham-Southern College 3-1 on Saturday to remain undefeated in Southern Athletic Association (SAA) play.
After dropping the first set 20-25, the Vikings came back to finish the matchup 25-20, 25-16 and 25-15 in the final three sets. On the day, Berry led the game in kills (54-51), blocks (10-4) and assists (53-48), while Birmingham-Southern finished ahead in digs (81-73). The Vikings also hit .241 as a team, while the Panthers hit .158.
- Hancock: 19 K, 16 D, 2 SA, .273 K%
- Christina Goforth: 14 K, 15 D, .257 K%, 3 SA
- Hannah Kate Thompson: 49 D, 2 K, 8 D
- Elizabeth Ragland: 23 D, SA
- Julia Denby: 15 K, .419 K%
- Emmy Kilgore: 10 K, 4 D
- Rachel Lee: 43 A, SA, 9 D
- With the win, Berry improves to 18-3 overall and 11-0 in the SAA.
- Birmingham-Southern falls to 13-5 and 9-2.
The Vikings will face Millsaps tomorrow at 12:00p.m. at the Cage Center for their next conference match. Berry will also face William Peace at 4:00 p.m. tomorrow afternoon.