By MacKenzie Tuttle, Digital Content Supervisor
LOOKOUT MOUNTAIN, Ga. – The No. 1 regionally ranked Berry College volleyball team fell to No. 8 Covenant College 3-0 on Tuesday night, dropping just their fourth match of the season.
Set scores were 23-25, 23-25 and 17-25, as the Vikings ended their 15 game winning streak. Covenant led the contest in kills (39-33) and assists (37-30), while Berry led the matchup in digs (68-63) and blocks (5-2). The Vikings also hit only .078 to the Scots’ .145 kill percentage on the night.
- Carson VanCampen: 11 K, .333 K%
- Hannah Kate Thompson: 23 A, 3 K, 3 D
- Elizabeth Ragland: 23 D, A
- Emily Hancock: 7 K, 2 A, 10 D
- Hannah Harris: 11 K, .296 K%, 2 D
- Ginny Moore: 8 K, 12 D
- Schuyler Moore: 32 A, 5 K, 10 D
- Emily Moore: 18 D, 2 A, K
- With the loss, Berry falls to 20-4 overall on the year.
- Covenant improves to 16-7 on the season.
- The upset was the first time the Vikings have lost since their 3-0 defeat by Johns Hopkins on Saturday, Sept. 9.
- The sweep was also only the third time the Vikings have failed to win at least one set in a matchup all year.
- Berry will host Centre College on Saturday, Oct. 21 in their next conference matchup. Set one will begin at 1:30 p.m. at the Cage Center.