MOUNT BERRY, Ga. – Joanna Logan made the final PK of the game as the Berry College women's soccer team held on to defeat Birmingham-Southern College, 7-6, in a shootout in a Southern Athletic Association quarter–final match on Saturday night.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The score remained tied, 0-0, at the end of double overtime, forcing a PK shootout between the teams.
- Molly Brantner, Emily Nixon, Megan Radosta, Kristina Meyer, Meridith Beretta, Cate Williams and Joanna Logan each found the back of the net on their PKs to ensure the, 7-6, win.
- Tessa Craft, Rachel Motamed, Nicole Newton, Taylor Andrews, McKenna Boyd and Megan Moser each added a PK for the Panthers.
- The Vikings outshot the Panthers, 37-10.
- Berry also added six corner kicks to Birmingham-Southern's three.
BERRY STATISTICAL STANDOUTS:
- Maggie Midkiff: 13 shots, 6 shots on goal
- Radosta: 7 shots, 2 shots on goal
- Samantha Schoppy: 4 shots, 3 shots on goal
- Meyer: 3 shots, 2 shots on goal
- Libby Groark: 17 saves
- Andrews: 6 shots, 1 shot on goal
- Felicity Barnett: 1 shot, 1 shot on goal
- Bethany Kuerten: 1 shot, 1 shot on goal
- Berry is now 9-5-2 on the year, the Panthers finish their season with a 7-10-1.
With the win, Berry advances to the SAA semifinal round against Centre.