By MacKenzie Tuttle, Digital Content Supervisor
MEMPHIS, Tenn. - Keiley Ayers scored twice, but the Berry College women’s lacrosse team fell to Illinois Wesleyan College 14-5 on Sunday afternoon.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Both teams tallied four times in the first half of the game, leaving the score at 4-4 going into halftime.
- Illinois Wesleyan then scored 10 goals in the final 30 minutes of play, ensuring the 14-5 victory.
- In the contest, Illinois Wesleyan added 25 shots to Berry’s 21.
- Illinois Wesleyan also led the game in assists (5-0), ground balls (18-12) and draw controls (12-9).
BERRY STATISTICAL STANDOUTS:
- Ayers: 2 G, 3 SH, 3 SOG, 4 GB, 3 DC
- Angelica Miller: G, 5 SH, 4 SOG, 2 GB
- Ashley Merritt: G, 2 SH, 2 SOG
- Olivia Lobst: G, SH, sog, 2 DC
ILL. WESLEYAN STATISTICAL STANDOUTS:
- Maggie Krause: 4 G, 2 A, 5 SH, 5 SOG, 2 GB
- Sara Dust: 4 G, 5 SH, 4 SOG, 4 GB, 3 DC
- Dani Englebreit: 2 G, 5 SH, 4 SOG, 5 GB, 2 DC
- Amanda Best: 2 G, 2 SH, 2 SOG, 2 GB
- The Vikings fall to 2-2 on the year, while Illinois Wesleyan improves to 1-1.
- Ella Makin (2-2) earned the complete-game loss in goal for Berry, collecting seven saves in the outing.
Berry will host Hendrix College in their next SAA matchup on Saturday, Feb. 25 at 1:00pm.