MEMPHIS, Tenn. - The Berry women's lacrosse team closed the book on the 2017 season on Sunday afternoon after falling to the undefeated Rhodes Lynx 21-9 in the Southern Athletic Association (SAA) tournament finals.
The Vikings made their first finals appearance in program history after a strong season to earn the No. 2 seed in the tournament. Berry defeated the Sewanee Tigers 10-8 in the semifinals to advance to today's matchup with the Lynx.
Berry was able to match the pace early in the first half, trailing 4-3 with 16:47 remaining in the opening period. The Rhodes offense then rattled off 12 first-half goals and nine in the second period to secure the high-scoring win.
Kelsey McAnnally led the attack offensively, scoring four goals and tossing one assist to close her senior season.
- Ella Makin secured 11 saves in goal for Berry
- The Vikings were 6-10 on free position shots while Rhodes was only 3-12
- Berry was able to secure nine draw controls against the Lynx who are very strong off the draw.
- Rhodes committed 48 fouls to Berry's 36
- The Vikings went 17-21 on clears, resulting in 17 shots.
BERRY STATISTICAL STANDOUTS:
- Kelsey McAnnally: 4 G, AST, 7 SOG, 3 DC, 2 CT
- Angelica Miller: 2 G, 3 SOG
- Keiley Ayers: 2 G, 4 SOG, 2 DC
- Ella Makin: 11 SV, 32 SH
RHODES STATISTICAL STANDOUTS:
- Olivia Holmes: 5 G, 2 AST, 6 SOG, 2 DC
- Kendall Cunningham: 4 G, AST, 5 SOG, 2 DC
- Ashley Doyle: 4 G, AST, 6 SOG, 5 DC
- Katherine Tooley: 6 SV, 15 SH