By MacKenzie Tuttle, Digital Content Supervisor
MOUNT BERRY, Ga. – Eveline Parsons sank two back-to-back free throws, as she finished with a career-high 26 points to lead the Berry College women's basketball team to a 59-58 comeback victory over Rhodes College on Friday night.
Berry led 25-22 going into halftime before finding themselves down eight with just under six minutes to play in the fourth quarter. The Vikings nicked away at the lead, with Parsons sinking a three-pointer to tie the game 56-56 with 3:38 left to play. Free throws finished scoring for both teams, with Parsons toeing the line with 14 seconds remaining, the Vikings down 57-58. She sank back-to-back free throws and Berry rounded out the night on defense, ensuring the 59-58 victory.
The win moved the Vikings to 9-11 overall and 4-6 in conference play on the season. As a team, Berry shot 27.3-percent (15-for-55) on the night, while Rhodes shot 38.6-percent (22-for-57). The Vikings added nine three-pointers in the victory, grabbing 36 rebounds and passing five assists. They also finished the night with just 15 turnovers to Rhodes' 22. With the loss, the Lynx fall to 12-8 and 5-5 on the year.
- Eveline Parsons: 26 PTS, 7-for-14 FG, 4-for-7 3PT, 8-for-9 FT
- Nia Smith: 13 PTS, 2-for-12 FG, 1-for-6 3PT, 8-for-10 FT, 9 REB
- McKenzie Smith: 10 REB, 3 STL
- Ashley McKee: 8 PTS, 3-for-8 FG, 2-for-3 3PT, STL, BLK
- Erin Deery: 16 PTS, 6-for-12 FG, 4-for-7 3PT, 4 REB, 2 AST
- Jessie Ustick: 12 PTS, 5-for-12 FG, 2-for-4 3PT, 8 REB
- Lindsey Whiteside: 9 PTS, 3-for-8 FG, 1-for-4 3PT, 2-for-2 FT, 6 REB
The Vikings will host Hendrix in their next SAA matchup on Sunday at 12:00 p.m.