By MacKenzie Tuttle, Digital Content Supervisor
DEMOREST, Ga. – Kristin Rampersad led the Vikings with 15 points as the Berry College women's basketball team held on to defeat LaGrange College 60-54 on Saturday.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Vikings were ahead, 24-21, at the end of the first half.
- Berry then added 26 points in the third quarter to extend their lead to, 50-35.
- The Vikings shot 44.2-percent (19-of-43) to the Panthers' 30.0-percent (15-of-50).
- LaGrange added 35 rebounds to Berry's 34, while the Vikings led the game in assists (12-5) and steals (9-6).
BERRY STATISTICAL STANDOUTS:
- Rampersad: 15 points, 3-of-10 FG, 3 3PT, 6-for-6 FT
- Nia Smith: 14 points, 4-of-7 FG, 2 3PT, 4-for-4 FT, 4 REBS, 2 STLS
- Rosie Lynch: 8 points, 3-for-4 FG, 1 3PT, 1-for-1 FT, 5 REBS, 2 STLS
- Alex Weems: 8 points, 4-for-7 FG, 6 REBS, 1 STL
LAGRANGE STATISTICAL STANDOUTS:
- Lauren Johnson: 16 points, 4-for-8 FG, 1 3PT, 7-for-11 FT
- Kelsey Walthall: 9 points, 3-for-12 FG, 3-for-4 FT, 7 REBS, 2 STLS
- Jeris Johnson: 7 points, 2-for-3 FG, 3-for-3 FT, 3 REBS
- The Vikings improve to 3-2 on the season.
- Eight Berry players added at least three points in the win, and 14 Vikings found time on the court.
Berry will take on Piedmont College in their next matchup Sunday at 4:00pm.