HILTON HEAD, S.C. — The Berry College men's tennis team was edged by Macalester College 6-3 on Monday afternoon, but the women's squad topped the Scots 6-3 as the Vikings continued play during their Spring Break trip.
With the loss, the men's team fell to 2-2 while the women improved to 2-1 on the year.
BERRY WOMEN'S STANDOUTS:
- Berry earned wins at both No. 1 and No. 2 doubles on the afternoon, as Sara Myers and Kathryn Barker earned a 9-7 victory at the top flight. Sarah Murray and Sydney Stone earned the win at the No. 2 flight 8-2. Karleigh Dills and Allie Williams were edged in the No. 3 flight 8-4.
- The Vikings were strong in the top four singles positions, earning convincing wins at each spot.
- Sara Myers won 6-4, 6-0 at the top flight while Kathryn Barker earned the victory at No. 2 singles 6-1, 6-1
- Sarah Murray also won at the No. 3 spot in addition to Sydney Stone's victory at the No. 4 spot.
BERRY MEN'S STANDOUTS:
- Ryan Miner and Jordan Crance earned Berry's lone doubles victory at the No. 2 spot 8-6
- Rory Glatt (No. 4) and Clay Jones (No. 6) each earned wins at their singles positions 7-5, 6-4 and 6-4, 6-4, respectively.
- The men's team will face Endicott tomorrow at 3:00 p.m. while the women take on Gettysburg at 10:00 a.m.