By MacKenzie Tuttle, Digital Content Supervisor
SEWANEE, Tenn. – The Berry College men’s and women’s tennis teams fell to Sewanee 9-0 on Sunday afternoon in a SAA matchup. The No. 16-ranked and No. 18-ranked women’s and men’s Tigers, respectively, blanked the Vikings for the first time this year in DIII play.
MEN’S TEAM RESULTS:
- All three Berry doubles teams fell to the Tigers on Sunday (8-6, 8-4 and 8-4).
- Chase Gooding took Sewanee’s Davis Owen into three sets, falling 6-3, 6-7 and 0-1.
- Daniel Alligood also took the Tigers’ Hayden Loeb to three sets in the No. 6-Singles spot as well.
WOMEN’S TEAM RESULTS:
- All three doubles teams fell to Sewanee on Sunday (8-5, 8-1 and 8-1).
- Mary Cerny fought against the Tigers’ Clem Davila, falling only 6-2 and 7-5 in the No. 1-Singles spot.
- With the loss, the women’s team falls to 6-6 overall on the season, as well as 0-3 in conference play.
- The men’s team losses their first match since March 19th, falling to 9-4 and 1-2.
Both teams will travel to Conway, Ark., to take on Hendrix College in their next matches on Saturday, April 8 10:00am.