By MacKenzie Tuttle, Digital Content Supervisor
MACON, Ga. – The Berry College men’s tennis team opened their season with a 7-0 loss to Mercer University on Sunday afternoon.
- Mercer’s Nicolas Guillon defeated Berry’s Matthew Blakely 6-2 and 6-2 in #1-Singles on the day.
- Olivier Stuart also defeated the Viking’s Griffin Davis 6-0, 6-0 in #2-Singles.
- Ryan Miner fell to the Bear’s Fernando Guardia 7-5 and 6-4 in #3-Singles play
- Chase Gooding (2-6, 0-6), Jordan Crance (0-6, 2-6) and Daniel Alligood (3-6, 6-4, 0-1) rounded out the Vikings’ singles scoring in the fourth, fifth and sixth positions, respectively.
- Blakely and Davis fell to Mercer’s Guillon and Guardia 2-6 in the #1-Doubles position for Berry.
- Miner and Crance fell to Stuart and Tsiranidis of Mercer in #2-Doubles, 6-1, and Gooding and Mann fell to Sachin Khurana and Philip Johnston 6-3 in the #3-Doubles position.
The Vikings will compete against Huntingdon in their next match on Saturday, March 4 beginning at 2:00pm.