By MacKenzie Tuttle, Digital Content Supervisor
LOOKOUT MOUNTAIN, Ga. – Both the men’s and women’s tennis teams won their second straight match in a row, with 5-4 victories over Covenant College on Saturday.
MEN’S TEAM RESULTS:
- Both the No. 1-Doubles team of Matthew Blakely and Griffin Davis (8-4) and the No. 3-Doubles team of Jordan Crance and Daniel Alligood (8-6) earned victories for Berry.
- Chase Gooding defeated Micah Fox 4-6, 6-0 and 11-9 in the No. 4-Singles spot for the Vikings.
- Crance (6-2, 6-1) and Alligood (6-0, 6-1) then rounded out the scoring with singles victories as well, ensuring the 5-4 win for the Vikings.
WOMEN’S TEAM RESULTS:
- The No. 1-Doubles team of Mary Cerny and Lauren Byrket earned an 8-1 win on Saturday, and the No. 2-Doubles team of Emmie Cornell and Sage Havrilla also earned an 8-3 victory as well.
- Cerny (6-3, 6-1) and Lauren Byrket (6-4, 6-1) finished the day with singles victories for Berry.
- Karleigh Dills then rounded out Berry scoring with a 6-2, 6-2 win over Morgan McCain in the No. 6-Singles spot to seal the victory for the Vikings.
- With the wins, the Berry College men’s and women’s tennis teams improve to 8-3 and 6-4, respectively, overall on the year.
Berry will travel to Danville, Ky., to take on SAA-foe Centre College in their next matches on Saturday, April 1 at 10:00am.