By Genesis Leggett, Digital Content Supervisor
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. — The Vikings men's soccer team closed play at the Birmingham-Southern Labor Day Classic on Sunday, earning a 5-2 victory over Cal Lutheran.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Cal Lutheran scored a quick goal in the third minute of play to take a 1-0 lead. Joey Arnold scored off an assist fron Nick Bryant.
- In the second half, Berry’s Daniel Ray answered with an unassisted goal in the 54th minute.
- After a save by Carson Oakes, the Vikings took the lead with a goal by Christian Roberts in the 61st minute, giving Berry a 2-1 advantage.
- After surviving several chances from Cal Lutheran, a few substitutions and an assist by Oakes helped Berry clear space for Jake Williamson to score in the 69th minute of the second half, taking a 3-1 lead.
- Berry’s Zachary Ernst added to the tally, after a few substitutions and an assisted by Henry Arato.
- Cal Lutheran’s Adrian Graciano responded with a goal in the 79th minute off an assist from Alon Arnaldes.
- Two minutes later, the Viking’s Austin Casbarro found the back of the net with help from Aidan Hackett in the 81st minute, making the final score 5-2.
- Austin Casbarro: 1 G, 3 SOG, 3 SH
- Jake Williamson: 1 G, 2 SOG, 2 SH
- Daniel Ray: 1 G, SOG, 2 SH
- Zachary Ernst: 1 G, 2 SOG, 2 SH
- Christian Roberts: 1 G, SOG, 2 SH
- Carson Oakes: 3 SOG, 2 GA, 1 SV, 90:00 MIN
- With the win, the Vikings are now 2-0 on the season.
- The Vikings will head to Demorest, Ga. to play Piedmont on Tuesday, Sept. 4th at 7:00 p.m.