By: Adekale Ande, Sports Information Assistant
DEMOREST, Ga. — Steven Moore notched a pair of goals on Tuesday night as the Berry College men's soccer team blanked Piedmont College 2-0 to open the year 3-0 for the second straight season.
Moore's performance pushed him to the team lead with three goals on the year.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Vikings controlled possession early, firing a pair of shots in the first four minutes of play.
- Steven Moore scored the first goal of the game in the 10th minute off a long throw in from Alec Jones. Berry led 1-0.
- Moore found the back of the net again just a few moments later in the 14th minute off a long through ball. Britton Ody and Jake Williamson were both credited with an assist.
- The Vikings maintained pressure for the remainder of the contest, getting off 17 total shots with three on goal. Piedmont was held to just two shots on goal which fell in the arms of Berry keeper, Carson Oakes
- The teams combined for 27 fouls and six yellow cards
- Steven Moore: 5 SH, 2 G
- Henry Arato: 3 SH, 1 SOG
- Jake Williamson: 3 SH, 1 AST
- Britton Ody: 1 AST
- Alec Jones: 1 AST
- Carson Oakes: 90:00 MIN, 2 SV
- Berry will face East Texas Baptist University in their home opener this Saturday at noon.