By MacKenzie Tuttle, Digital Content Supervisor
MOUNT BERRY, Ga. – Chris Berchock tied the Berry single-game record with six goals as the Vikings men’s lacrosse team defeated Hendrix College 20-10 on Friday night.
- After a slow opening period which saw the Vikings trailing 4-3, the Berry offense erupted scoring seven goals in the second quarter to put berry up 10-5 at the half.
- Berry then scored nine in the third quarter and added one more in the fourth to put the game out of reach.
- On the day, the Vikings led the game in nearly every offensive category, including shots (57-30) and clears (15-14).
- Berry also capitalized on 30 Hendrix turnovers.
- Ten Berry players added at least one goal in the victory as well.
BERRY STATISTICAL STANDOUTS:
- Berchock: 6 G, A, 10 SH, 8 SOG, 6 GB, CT
- Quentin Johnson: 3 G, 3 A, 8 SH, 4 SOG, 2 GB, CT
- Bailey Martin: 2 G, 2 A, 4 SH, 2 SOG
- Cole Johnson: 2 G, A, 2 SH, SOG
- Andrew Elgin: 2 G, A, 8 SH, 4 SOG, 5 GB, 2 CT
- Jason Wilhelm: G, A, 7 SH, 5 SOG, 2 GB
- Hudson Harris: G, 3 SH, 2 SOG, GB
- Luke Koferi: G, A, 2 SH, SOG
- McKinley Gannon: G, A, 4 SH, SOG, GB, CT
- Josh Baker: G, SH, SOG, 5 GB
HENDRIX STATISTICAL STANDOUTS:
- T. Michael Thomas: 3 G, 3 A, 7 SH, 5 SOG, GB
- Jack Gorman: 2 G, 3 SH, 3 SOG, GB
- Alex Ortenstone: 2 G, 7 SH, 3 SOG
- Cole Cramer: G, 5 SH, 3 SOG, GB
- Jason Blatt: G, 2 SH, 2 SOG, 3 GB
- Samuel Martin: G, A, 4 SH, 2 SOG, GB, CT
- With the win, Berry improves to 9-2 overall and 3-0 in the Southern Athletic Association
- Hendrix falls to 6-5 and 1-2.
- The Vikings extend their win streak to four straight games.
- Chris Berchock becomes only the third Viking in program history to score six goals in a game. He now sits at 37 goals on the season, 11 short of the program record of 48 set by Cory Hall in 2014.
Berry will host Rhodes in their next SAA matchup on Sunday, April 2 at 1:00 p.m.