By MacKenzie Tuttle, Digital Content Supervisor
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – Chris Berchock tallied four times as the Berry College men's lacrosse team defeated Colorado College 9-5 on Saturday afternoon.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Both teams scored twice in the first quarter, leaving the game tied 2-2 going into the second 15 minutes of play.
- Berry then added three goals to Colorado College's one in the second quarter, leading 3-1 at halftime.
- The Vikings added four more goals in the final half of the game to ensure the 9-5 victory.
- Berry led the game in shots (42-38), while Colorado College led in ground balls (38-29).
- The Vikings also forced 25 Colorado College turnovers to their 16.
BERRY STATISTICAL STANDOUTS:
- Berchock: 4 G, 8 SH, 6 SOG, 5 GB, 2 CT
- Quentin Johnson: G, A, 6 SH, 2 SOG
- Jason Wilhelm: G, A, 8 SH, 2 SOG
- Hudson Harris: G, 5 SH, SOG, GB
- Andrew Elgin: G, 4 SH, 2 SOG, 2 GB, 2 CT
- McKinely Gannon: G, A, 4 SH, 3 SOG
- Riley Brogdon: 10 SV, 5 GA
COLORADO COLLEGE STATISTICAL STANDOUTS:
- Parker Woo: G, 3 SH, SOG, 6 GB
- Coby Petau: G, 4 SH, 2 SOG
- Aaron Maslow: G, 3 SH, SOG, GB, CT
- Tom Haller: G, 3 SH, 2 SOG, 2 GB
- Chris Brower: G, SH, SOG
- Andrew Harwood: 10 SV, 9 GA
- With the win, Berry improves to 3-1 on the season.
- Colorado College falls to 3-1 as well.
- Berchock currently ranks second in the conference with 13 goals on the year, while Johnson ranks first in assists with 13.
- The Vikings also rank in the top five in six other SAA categories.
Berry will host Oglethorpe University in their next matchup on Wednesday, March 1 at 6:00pm to kickoff SAA play.